Spring is almost here, which means it’s almost time to break out the cleaning supplies and go to town. Here is a to-do list, with a few extra tips, to help make your work a little bit easier.
Spring Cleaning In Every Room
While it’s best to work room by room instead of trying to do everything at once, there are some things you should do in every room you clean, such as:
- Vacuum wherever you can, including inside vents and under furniture.
- Clean your windows, drapes, sills, baseboards, ceilings, walls, etc. You may be surprised at how much grime can stick all over your house.
- Dust everywhere you can, including drapes, light fixtures, and countertops – anywhere that doesn’t get enough attention on a normal day.
- Organize and declutter. Spring cleaning is not just a time to wash everything down. It’s also a time to make sure everything is in order, and that everything you don’t need is thrown away or donated.
Kitchen and Dining Room
In the kitchen and dining room, there’s more to do than wipe down the table, clean out your sink and dishwasher, and wash the floors. You should take care of every dusty and dirty area that you don’t normally focus on, such as:
- Dusting and reorganizing the pantry and cabinets
- Cleaning out and reorganizing the fridge, as well as cleaning behind the fridge with a mop
- Cleaning the oven, as well as cleaning around the oven with a mop
- Using a soap designed for kitchen sinks and appliances to really make your kitchen shine. All-purpose cleaners typically aren’t strong enough to remove all the grease and food waste.
Bedroom, Office, and Living Room
These rooms are where we tend to spend a lot of our time, which means that a good cleaning job is really needed to make them good as new. Make sure you spend time:
- Dusting and washing any decorative items, such as picture frames, mirrors, and figurines
- Vacuuming upholstery, lampshades, and carpets
- Washing your throw pillows, blankets, and bedding
- Flipping your bed, if your bed is one that can be flipped
- Dusting and polishing your furniture, such as coffee tables, bedside tables, and desks, cleaning around your computer area, and cleaning out your computer keyboard itself
- Cleaning out and organizing your bookshelf or shelves
- Cleaning out any clutter from under your bed, under your upholstery, and under your desk
It’s no surprise that your bathroom is a place that tends to need a good, deep cleaning. From soap scum in the bath to dirty toilet bowls and sinks, you should really spend some time making sure your bathroom is clean. Otherwise, your satisfying showers won’t be so satisfying, and you’ll have to spend even more time trying to clean up later.
A few things you shouldn’t forget to do in this room include:
- Cleaning the scum and sediment from your tub, drain, sink, faucet, and showerhead
- Washing bath mats, shower curtains, towels, linens, and washcloths
- Reorganizing under the sink and in your cabinets
- Cleaning the tub, as well as the outside of the tub
- Cleaning soap holders, shower racks, and countertops
Around the House and Outside
Once you’ve cleaned all of the big rooms of your house, that doesn’t mean you’re done. You still have a few more things to do inside, and you might also have an entire yard to clean.
Now is the time to start with:
- Checking and changing smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries
- Checking all your electronics to make sure they’re working correctly when plugged in. You should also make sure your wires aren’t tangled and are plugged into a surge protector.
- Making sure your fire extinguisher isn’t expired, and is in an easily accessed area
- Sweeping your porchv
- Cleaning your yard of debris, such as leaves, sticks, and stones
- Cleaning out your garage or tool shed if you have one
- Checking on any plants to prune and water them
- Cleaning around your pool area, and making sure the water is safe and clean – after all, warm swimming weather will sneak up fast!
Hiring Professional Help
No matter how closely you follow the checklist, spring cleaning can be difficult. It’s time-consuming, tiring, and can be stressful if your home is large and messy. Even in the best of cases, you may find yourself unable to clean as well as you’d like to, and if you have a busy schedule, you may not be able to do very much cleaning at all. That’s why you should hire Trustworthy Cleaning Services to help you out. With our experienced team of professional cleaners in Austin, you can make your house truly clean this spring. Contact us today to learn more, or to get a free quote.